Start Up HR
OperationsInc Helps Organization with European Headquarters Manage New US Human Resources Needs
- A prominent, German building supply company had recently opened an office based in New Jersey, which was their first US location.
- The organization had no experience in managing US workers or knowledge of labor law or compliance related requirements in the US.
- Immediate support and guidance related to all HR matters for their new offices was required.
- The client chose OperationsInc as their US-based partner due to our ability to quickly deliver ongoing, as-needed HR support, and our strategic knowledge and expertise.
- An audit of current practices and overall HR setup was completed to identify gaps in policy, procedure, and process.
- A new employee handbook and new hire packets were created in conjunction with the Human Resources professionals at German Headquarters to ensure consistency and cultural content flow-through.
- Salary benchmarking for relevant positions was completed to ensure the client’s ability to attract and retain US talent.
- Payroll processes and procedures were also reviewed to ensure US compliance, and a new payroll technology platform was implemented.
- A rapid yet comprehensive and strategic recruiting effort was developed, defined, and executed for locations in both the US and Canada.
- The client’s US office was left with policies and know-how to meet the compliance standards required by both the US and the State of New Jersey.
- Risk and liability that initially existed at time of the audit was eliminated.
- The client was able to quickly hire for both their New Jersey and Canadian-based locations.
- Client now possesses ongoing professional HR support that is comparable to that of their German headquarters.