Termination Services & Management Training
OperationsInc Provides Client with Strategic Guidance and Compliance-related Support Tied to Terminating an Employee Due to Performance Issues
- A small consulting company had the need to terminate a long-time employee for performance related issues.
- The client had limited internal HR expertise, and those managing the function worked closely alongside the employee in question and were uncomfortable managing the termination on their own.
- While the termination was for cause, there had been past incidents that suggested the employee may become litigious after the termination.
- OperationsInc was chosen as the client’s partner to help them navigate the termination process due to our ability to quickly step in and provide support and our extensive experience in this area.
- Our team conducted an intake to collect and review all performance related documentation tied to the employee to be terminated.
- Along with the employee’s manager, we reviewed the employee’s file and past performance review appraisals.
- Due to the complicated nature of the employee’s history with the organization, legal counsel was contacted.
- The details of the situation were reviewed with outside counsel, with subsequent assurance from the client’s attorney that the termination could proceed.
- Training was provided as to the conducting of the termination meeting, including talking points to keep the meeting on track.
- Our team produced all necessary documentation tied to the employee’s separation package.
- The employee was terminated without incident.
- Additional management training was provided to the employee’s manager to help them better manage performance issues and conduct termination meetings with more confidence.
For more information about our termination services or management training programs, contact us at info@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513.