An Employee Handbook provides clearly established guidelines and rules for your business, designed to ensure consistency in practice and limit your company’s liability. Our expert team has created and updated hundreds of employee manuals for organizations of varying size, location, and industry, and can craft a Handbook for your business that reflects your company culture while meeting all federal, state, and local compliance standards.
HOW WE DO IT:
Using our PolicySmart Technology* platform, we will produce a template that will serve as your Handbook’s foundation. From there, we will customize and roll out the new book to your team. The steps in this process may include:
- Completion of a client questionnaire which will provide critical information to be used in the Handbook, including;
- Names and contact information for key individuals (i.e. HR representatives, etc.).
- Mission statements.
- Employee classification statuses.
- Employee headcount.
- Utilization of confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
- Review of any existing policies (formal, written, or implied), which might include:
- Paid time off and accruals.
- Progressive discipline.
- Parental leave.
- Professional membership reimbursements.
- Emergency closings.
- Payroll schedule.
- Reconciliation between company-specific policies and those mandated by federal or state law, including identification of best practice policies which may be missing.
- Template augmentation to include your policies and adjust template language as needed while maintaining federal and state compliance.
- Presentation of an initial Handbook draft to the client for review, discussion, and edits.
The final output will be a state compliant electronic Employee Handbook in both Word and PDF format. Should you need it, we can also provide you with an Employee Handbook Maintenance Subscription, which will include a bi-yearly update to your employee manual to ensure it continues to contain all critical and required policy information.
To learn more about our Employee Handbook Services, please contact us at info@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513.
*PolicySmart Technology is powered by global employment and labor law firm Littler Mendelson.