Flash Survey Results: Retirement Savings Plans
The OperationsInc Flash Survey “Retirement Savings Plans” explores how many participating companies offer Employer-sponsored retirement plans, how many employees enroll in these plans, and what types of plans are offered.
For the complete results, including results by company size, please click here.
- 92% of respondents offer Qualified Retirement Plans.
- Over 39% of respondents offer Roth 401(k) plans.
- Of those respondents who offer Qualified Plans, 43% offer Roth 401(k) plans as well.
- Less than 10% of respondents offer Defined Benefits Pension Plans
- 8% of respondents do not offer any employer-sponsored retirement savings plans.
- Over 57% of respondents offer Employee Contribution Matching.
- 17% of respondents offer profit sharing, and another 17% do not provide any employer contribution.
- Of those who provided comments, several mentioned other types of employer contribution options such as a safe harbor account, discretionary matching, and defined contribution pension plans.
- Over 63% of respondents indicated that more than half of their eligible employees participate including 8% of respondents with a 100% participate rate.
- 28% of respondents have a participation rate of 50% or less including 8% who have a participation rate of 10% or under.
- 17.19% of respondents have 50 or fewer employees.
- 29.69% of respondents have 51 to 100 employees.
- 26.56% of respondents have 101 to 250 employees.
- 26.56% or respondents have more than 250 employees.
- Survey Time Period: October – November 2017
- Number of Participating Companies: 64
- Regional Concentration: Fairfield County, CT / New York Metro area
For additional information about this survey and our services, please contact Meghan Hopkins, VP of HR Business Development, at 203-595-4261 or mhopkins@OperationsInc.com.