Key Survey Results: Employee Handbooks
The OperationsInc Flash Survey “Employee Handbooks” looks at how many pages are in handbooks of the firms surveyed, and how frequently the represented companies train their managers on policies.
- Over 86% of respondents have an Employee Handbook.
- Only one respondent indicated that they have no policies.
- The remaining 13% have some other means of distributing policy information, either as needed, online, or more informally.
- Over 50% of respondents indicated that they have handbooks that use a typical legal/company-protective approach.
- 37% of respondents use a more employee-friendly tone in their handbooks whenever possible.
- Only 16.7% of respondents provide formal training to their managers regarding their handbook and policies.
- 60% of respondents expect managers to familiarize themselves with the handbook on their own.
- Several of the remaining 23% of respondents commented that they provided some combination of formal training and having managers review policies on their own.
- Survey Time Period: March 2017
- Number of Participating Companies: 65
- Regional Concentration: Fairfield County, CT / New York Metro area
For additional information about this survey and our services, please contact Meghan Hopkins, VP Business Development, at 203-595-4261 or mhopkins@OperationsInc.com.