Key Survey Results: Internship Programs
The OperationsInc Flash Survey “Internship Programs” examines how companies compensate interns, what time of year interns are engaged, and how likely businesses are to hire interns as full-time employees.
- 81% of respondents have engaged interns in the past 12 months. Of those:
- 80% have provided monetary compensation to their interns.
- 18% have had interns who were compensated with school credit only.
- 12% have provided both monetary compensation and school credit.
- 71% of respondents have summer interns, followed by Spring (19%), Fall (10%), and Winter (6%).
- 29% of respondents engage interns year-round.
- 89% of respondents engage undergraduate college/university interns.
- 23% engage interns at the graduate school level.
- 16% have high school interns.
- 8% have non student interns.
- 89% of respondents are Very Likely or Somewhat Likely to hire interns after graduation or at the conclusion of their internship.
- Several respondents commented that they would hire their interns, except they did not have roles available for them either because they are a small company or they have very low turnover.
- Survey Time Period: April – May 2017
- Number of Participating Companies: 63
- Regional Concentration: Fairfield County, CT / New York Metro area
For additional information about this survey and our services, please contact Meghan Hopkins, VP of HR Business Development, at 203-595-4261 or mhopkins@OperationsInc.com.