Key Survey Results: Training & Development Plans for 2018
In the OperationsInc Flash Survey “Employee Training & Development Planning 2018”, we learn what training opportunities participating firms plan to offer their managers and employees in 2018, and how these plans have changed over the last year.
- 94% of respondents provide Sexual Harassment Prevention Training with 52% providing this training annually or more often.
- 85% of respondents provide Management/Leadership Training with 43% providing this training annually or more often.
- 81% of respondents provide Performance Management Training with over 37% providing this training annually or more often.
- Over 68% of respondents provide employee training via in-person private sessions.
- 54% of respondents provide online learning.webinars through multiple service providers.
- Only 8% of respondents indicated that they do not provide any employee training programs.
- More than 60% of respondents plan to offer more training in 2018.
- 21% of respondents plan to offer the same amount of training in 2018.
- Only 1 respondent indicated that they are planning to offer less training in 2018.
- Over 85% of respondents indicated that a general need to develop employees was an influencing factor in their 2018 training plans.
- 81% of respondents indicated that a need to educate newly hired or promoted managers influenced their 2018 training plans.
- 77% of respondents indicated an increased public focus on workplace harassment had an influence on their 2018 training plans.
Interesting Points of Comparison:
- In our 2017 survey, 73% of respondents indicated that they offered Sexual
Harassment Prevention Training. In our 2018 survey, that number jumped to 94% of
- Similarly, in 2017 50% of respondents indicated that they planned to offer more
training in the coming year as compared to 60% who answered as such in the 2018 survey.
- Survey Time Period: January – February 2018
- Number of Participating Companies: 48
- Regional Concentration: Fairfield County, CT / New York Metro area
For additional information about this survey and our services, please contact Meghan Hopkins, VP Business Development, at 203-595-4261 or mhopkins@OperationsInc.com.