Leadership Workshop Series
Providing leadership development opportunities to your teams is an effective way to improve managerial effectiveness and increase productivity and workplace satisfaction. This four-part workshop series is designed to teach participants how to achieve better results, shape their teams, and create a culture that fosters positive, results-based interactions.
WHAT THIS WORKSHOP SERIES MAY COVER
The below outlines a sample curriculum with four possible modules:
MODULE 1 – BUILDING FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS FOR LEADING OTHERS
In this first module, participants will learn to:
- Identify the following as it relates to their organization and workplace:
- Organizational culture and how it contributes to the uniqueness of the participant’s workplace.
- Climate, and how it relates to shared perceptions and attitudes that are held across teams.
- Become an effective leader who creates a culture that mobilizes others to take action that leads to desired results.
- Increase the effectiveness of day-to-day interactions.
- The five key principles of leadership, including:
- Maintaining or enhancing SELF–
- Listening and responding with
- Asking for help and encouraging
- SHARING thoughts, feelings, and rationale.
- Providing SUPPORT without removing responsibility.
MODULE 2 – FEEDBACK FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
In this module, participants will:
- Learn the power of providing feedback that is balanced, specific, and timely.
- Recognize situations that require feedback.
- Identify employees’ personal needs when providing positive feedback and feedback for improvement.
- Learn tools and approaches to use when preparing and delivering feedback for improvement.
MODULE 3 – COACHING FOR RESULTS
This module will help participants to:
- Recognize key principles in coaching, including:
- Building self-esteem.
- Listening and responding with empathy.
- Involving the team member.
- Providing support without removing responsibility.
- Prepare for coaching for improvement discussions with employees who are meeting expectations to motivate them to maximum performance.
- Identify opportunities for follow-up coaching.
MODULE 4 – COMMUNICATION SKILLS
In this module, participants will learn to:
- Develop an awareness and understanding of communication methods, mediums, and levels in a workplace setting.
- Overcome barriers and misunderstandings to successful communication.
- Promote positive workplace characteristics, such as being cooperative, respecting authority, handling criticism, doing quality work, and being enthusiastic and flexible.
- Match the appropriate method and style of communication to the audience.
- Evaluate the types of listening and identify the causes of poor listening.
- Option to use DiSC Assessments to supplement the learning.
This course will include a post-session assignment whereby each student will prepare for a PowerPoint presentation sharing the skills and techniques that they have learned.
To learn more about this multi-part workshop series, contact us at training@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513.