Multigenerational Workforce Training
One of the greatest talent management challenges organizations will continue to face is creating a working environment where each generation represented in today’s workplace can work cohesively and effectively together.
With more generations represented in today’s workforce than ever before, it is essential that businesses educate their teams on how to manage through and capitalize on the unique work styles, skill sets, preferences, and vantage points of each generation.
This highly interactive workshop will provide all participants with the tools and knowledge they need to better understand and respect each generation. Managers will learn best practices for maximizing employee contributions by gaining an understanding of how to adapt their management style to best fit the needs of the individuals on their teams, while staff will learn how to best adjust their communications and work styles to meet the needs of the organization.
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and interactive workshop activities, this session will cover:
- Generalized strengths and characteristics of Baby Boomers, Gen X-ers, Millennials, and Gen Z.
- Commonalities and similarities of all people, regardless of generational identification.
- Communication and work style preferences of each generation.
- Positive impacts made through diversity of thought and experience when generations work together.
- Strategies to foster multi-generational collaboration.
- Methods to establish a foundation of trust across all team members.
- Negative impacts tied to unconscious bias and stereotyping by age.
- The positive impacts diversity and inclusion have to a business’s bottom line.
- Specific issues (as directed) that your individual firm is facing, along with strategies to address them.
THIS SESSION CAN BE CUSTOMIZED FOR THE FOLLOWING AUDIENCES:
- Employees from the Baby Boomer generation
- Generation X employees
- Gen Z employees
- Any combination of the above
THIS COURSE CAN BE STRUCTURED TO SPECIFICALLY FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Providing effective and actionable feedback across generations.
- Setting SMART Goals in a multi-generational environment.
- Managing employees who are older or have more seniority than the manager.
- Working for a younger manager.
- Developing coaches and mentors in each generation.
- Managing performance in a multi-generational environment.
- Creating more effective multi-generational teams by identifying strategies to help multiple generations work together to achieve results.
We recommend that Multigenerational Training be combined with our Multigenerational Assessment & Consultation Services for maximum impact and effectiveness. Learn more about these services HERE.
To learn more about this training course or to schedule your educational event, please contact us at training@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513.