Unconscious Bias Training
All humans have biases that influence their behaviors in ways that are outside of their own conscious awareness. Upon completion of this session, participants will be better equipped to recognize and disrupt their own bias while creating more unified teams and work environments.
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS:
Through a blend of lecture, group discussion, and interactive workshop-style activities, this course will cover:
- The impact of unconscious bias, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- How unconscious and implicit bias work, and how the brain operates outside of conscious intention.
- The positive impact of an inclusive unbiased workplace, and what this environment might look like. .
- Methods to recognize their own biases, and how they may be limiting innovation and inclusion within their teams.
- Different types of bias within the workplace and how these biases impact both working relationships and work product.
- The dangers of different stereotypes associated with race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, culture, ethnicity, physical ability, educational background, socioeconomic status, and appearance, and the role these false assumptions play in the areas of personal biases and prejudice.
- “Group think” and the resulting limitations on the diversity of thought.
This course can be delivered as a private group session or as an individual, one-on-one session. Course curriculum can be customized the address the unique challenges of your organization.
To learn more about this course or to schedule your training event, contact us at training@OperationsInc.com or (800) 307-5513.