Key Survey Results: Employee Perks – By Company Size
In the OperationsInc Flash Survey “Employee Perks”, we discover the “fringe” benefits companies offer, broken down by company size and benefit provided.
Below please find these survey results broken down by company size.
COMPANIES WITH LESS THAN 50 EMPLOYEES
- Almost 70% of companies with 50 or fewer employees provide snacks and drinks and close to 40% provide transit benefits.
- Only 17% of these smaller employers provide tuition reimbursement as opposed to 46% of our overall respondent pool.
- Less than 9% do not provide any fringe benefits.
- None of the smaller companies who responded to the survey offer wellness programs, on-site childcare, or adoption assistance.
COMPANIES WITH 51-100 EMPLOYEES
- For those companies with 51-100 employees, 50% offer tuition reimbursement while only 40% offer snacks and drinks.
- Other popular benefits include paid or subsidized lunch (30%), transit benefits (25%), and service awards (25%).
- 20% of respondents do not provide any fringe benefits.
- Similar to smaller companies, these respondents also do not provide any on-site childcare, or adoption assistance.
COMPANIES WITH 101-250 EMPLOYEES
- For those companies with 101 to 250 employees, more than half offer snacks and drinks (58%) and tuition reimbursement (53%).
- Over 30% of respondents also offer transit benefits (37%), paid or subsidized meals (37%), gym subsidy and/or discount (32%), and service awards (32%).
- Only one participating company of this size responded that they do not provide any fringe benefits.
- Similar to smaller companies, none of these respondents provide on-site childcare, or adoption assistance.
COMPANIES WITH MORE THAN 250 EMPLOYEES
- For companies with over 250 employees, more than 72% offer tuition reimbursement and 61% offer transit benefits.
- More than half of respondents provide snacks and drinks, service awards, and wellness programs.
- This is the only level where we see respondents who offer adoption assistance and/or on-site childcare to their employees.
- None of the companies at this level indicated that they did not offer any fringe benefits.
- Survey Time Period: May 2017
- Number of Participating Companies: 80
- Regional Concentration: Fairfield County, CT / New York Metro area
For additional information about this survey and our services, please contact Meghan Hopkins, VP Business Development, at 203-595-4261 or mhopkins@OperationsInc.com.